Jobs & Opportunities @ CSI
Junior Community Animator/Intern at Centre for Social Innovation NYC
- Supporting the Community Animator with general community management tasks
- Conducting one-on-one meetings with members in order to improve CSI
- Developing a data collection system (more qualitative than quantitative) to assess where CSI can improve and how
- Assisting in organizing, preparing, and setting up for community events
- Assisting with social media for the space
- Generating ideas for events, opportunities, or ways that CSI can improve
- Responsive-- paying attention and then figuring out systems for how to respond!
- This position reports to Chelsea Simpson, Community Animator
The ideal candidate is:
- Proficient in Google Drive applications, especially Google Sheets
- Experienced with Canva or other presentation/graphic design programs
- Passionate about social innovation and social impact
- Interested in community building and community management
- Superior communication skills and confidence in a collaborative environment
- A great note taker- excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Able to be creative and think big, while also being detail oriented
- Willingness to help with a variety of projects and tasks
- Ability to work in a startup environment and go with the flow
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Unafraid to contribute ideas and to work effectively on a team
This is an unpaid internship.
The term runs for 6 - 10 weeks beginning in August/September 2016 and concluding in December 2016. The intern must work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. Office hours are 10 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Send your resume and coverletter to Chelsea@socialinnovation.org
Volunteer Community Animator
Wanna join us behind the scenes? Community Animators excel in customer service, organization, communications, and problem solving. They’re connectors of ideas and people. They’re our frontline baristas for social change!
CSI's Desk Exchange Community Animator (DECA) program trades time for space. You give us one day a week of volunteer front desk support, and we give you unlimited access to CSI Hot Desk space plus access to our dynamic community and programming. But, we won't accept just anyone! We're looking for those of you that are super-organized, comfortable with technology, love people and can't get enough of the CSI community!
This opportunity makes sense for individuals who see a clear value exchange of volunteer work for access to CSI space. The one day a week will be for CSI related tasks (not your own work - sorry!). Yes, this is volunteer work but we expect professionalism and commitment.
The work involves front desk reception, helping tenants and guests, IT support, cleaning and managing the space and everything else needed to keep the space and its members humming. This position requires a six month commitment.
Keep in mind: We're looking for a long-term relationship here, not a fling! Finding replacements for some days is okay, missing more than two days in two months is not. (Yes, special circumstances like travel can be accommodated with enough advance notice).