Jobs & Opportunities @ CSI
Curious about the Centre for Social Innovation? Join us for an upcoming Information Session!
Manage events and space rentals booked by our Partners
- Understand the needs of our partners and to ensure you can deliver on the event expectations
- Liaise with clients before/during/after events
- Understand our space rental goals, capacity and maximize event revenue
- Assume responsibility for managing the budgets allocated for each external event
- Demonstrate supreme creativity when helping external clients plan events in our space
Oversee and curate our exclusive Member Programming Calendar
- Recruit inspiring content partners in the social innovation sector and organize a robust calendar of well executed events
- Understand the practical needs of our members and put together regular Think Tanks, Solutions Salons and/or other get togethers for members come together and share perspectives, ideas and expertise
- Connect all programming to CSI’s broader goals and community
- Ensure all Programming stays within budget
Manage the seamless production of all CSI NYC programs and events including
- End-to-end run of show
- Client services
- Ticketing and registration
- Per diem event staffing
- Vendors (food/beverage, hotels, photography, video, A/V tech help, etc.)
- Constantly seek areas for improvement
Work with our team to create an amazing CSI experience for all who visit our space
- Work with the sales team to ensure revenue targets are met/exceeded
- Work with community manager to ensure relevant events are effectively communicated to our internal and external community (print, online, onsite) and member needs and interests are met through the programming you plan.
- Maintain, deploy, and train staff on A/V and technology systems
- Maintain a positive and collaborative demeanor at all times
- Serve as an ambassador of the CSI model
- Work well with the rest of the small but mighty CSI team
- 5 years of social innovation programming, facilitation and events management experience with sales
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple events at any given time
- Experience working with high-profile partners to manage their events
- Demonstrated creativity around programming and creating "wow" events
- Experience with using and troubleshooting A/V systems
- Experience managing a budget and meet revenue targets
- Experience working with large & small partners to manage their events
- Ability to work independently and experience supervising a small team
- Branding/Marketing/Creative Agency Experience
- Group Facilitation
We strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Volunteer Community Animator
Wanna join us behind the scenes? Community Animators excel in customer service, organization, communications, and problem solving. They’re connectors of ideas and people. They’re our frontline baristas for social change!
CSI's Desk Exchange Community Animator (DECA) program trades time for space. You give us one day a week of volunteer front desk support, and we give you unlimited access to CSI Hot Desk space plus access to our dynamic community and programming. But, we won't accept just anyone! We're looking for those of you that are super-organized, comfortable with technology, love people and can't get enough of the CSI community!
This opportunity makes sense for individuals who see a clear value exchange of volunteer work for access to CSI space. The one day a week will be for CSI related tasks (not your own work - sorry!). Yes, this is volunteer work but we expect professionalism and commitment.
The work involves front desk reception, helping tenants and guests, IT support, cleaning and managing the space and everything else needed to keep the space and its members humming. This position requires a six month commitment.
Keep in mind: We're looking for a long-term relationship here, not a fling! Finding replacements for some days is okay, missing more than two days in two months is not. (Yes, special circumstances like travel can be accommodated with enough advance notice).