Jobs & Opportunities @ CSI
Curious about the Centre for Social Innovation? Join us for an upcoming Information Session!
Director of Operations, CSI NYC
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried Position
Salary: $85,000-$90,000 - Commensurate with Experience, Plus Benefits.
Reporting to: Managing Director, New York City
Direct Reports Include: Business Manager, Program & Events Manager, Community Manager, Admin. Assistant
Have you ever been described as a Swiss Army knife of skills? Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to utilize your multitude of tools in a role that can literally make an impact around the world?
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community and launchpad for people who are changing the world. We are a hub of learning and collaboration for a dynamic community of social entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations. Since opening our doors in May 2013, we’ve built a robust community of over 200 organizations and have hosted tens of thousands of people through a vibrant mix of programs, meetings, workshops, panels and socials.
We are on the lookout for a game-changing Director of Operations that will serve as the “superglue” to hold all of our pieces together. You are equal parts imagination and execution. Your incisive mind gets straight to the heart of the matter and your dazzling personality brings others along with you. You love systems, efficiency, customer service and you obsess over the impact of your work. You have been a leader in thriving communities throughout your life. Most importantly, you have to really (we mean really) want to support other organizations that are changing the world.
Make no mistake about it – this position is a ton of work in a fast-changing environment. You need to be nimble yet rigorous, creative yet focused. Yes, you are contributing to strategy but you are fully responsible for execution. We are a motivated team that does whatever it takes to deliver with excellence.
The Director of Operations is expected to oversee:
Management of Staff
- Weekly check-in’s with each team member to ensure goals are being met
- Bi-annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Oversight of the DECA (volunteer) program
- Support professional development of staff
- Ensure smooth operations of facilities/infrastructure
- Maintain a high-level of customer service
- Identify areas for systematic improvements
- Oversee general up-keep of facility
- Manage relationships with the building staff and vendors
- Conflict resolution and high-level member issues
- Support business manager on leasing decisions/space churn
- Ongoing elevation of member experience
- Marketing and sales support
- Board and committee support
Budget Management/Financial Oversight
- Manage general operating budget
- Identify areas for increasing revenue and reducing costs
- Set and track revenue targets
- High-level oversight of AP/AR
Applicants should have most of the following experience:
- Staff management
- Facilities management
- Customer service design/implementation
- Budget management
- General operations
- Facilitation/meeting design
- Business Analysis
- Non-profit financial and governance oversight
Applicants should possess most of the following skills:
- Focused on the details
- Team player
- Community builder
- Solutions oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Unflappable and extremely personable
- Systems thinker
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Tireless work-ethic
- Imagination! Seriously – you need to be able to create and not just replicate
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to be part of something incredible, meet tons of amazing people and apply your talents to social innovation!
We strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Please note we will only respond to successful applicants.
Submit your application to email@example.com by 5:00pm on Friday, April 1, 2016.
Volunteer Community Animator
Wanna join us behind the scenes? Community Animators excel in customer service, organization, communications, and problem solving. They’re connectors of ideas and people. They’re our frontline baristas for social change!
CSI's Desk Exchange Community Animator (DECA) program trades time for space. You give us one day a week of volunteer front desk support, and we give you unlimited access to CSI Hot Desk space plus access to our dynamic community and programming. But, we won't accept just anyone! We're looking for those of you that are super-organized, comfortable with technology, love people and can't get enough of the CSI community!
This opportunity makes sense for individuals who see a clear value exchange of volunteer work for access to CSI space. The one day a week will be for CSI related tasks (not your own work - sorry!). Yes, this is volunteer work but we expect professionalism and commitment.
The work involves front desk reception, helping tenants and guests, IT support, cleaning and managing the space and everything else needed to keep the space and its members humming. This position requires a six month commitment.
Keep in mind: We're looking for a long-term relationship here, not a fling! Finding replacements for some days is okay, missing more than two days in two months is not. (Yes, special circumstances like travel can be accommodated with enough advance notice).